I have a seven-year career in writing, editing and publishing for print and digital media. I provide accurate and engaging content through compelling writing and a full range of editing skills.
I learn quickly, and can adapt and grow in a variety of positions with a wide range of responsibilities. I have excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills, and am a great team player who thrives in positive, encouraging and good-humored environments.
CURRENT WORK EXPERIENCE
• Williams Group, Writer, 2010-present, Grand Rapids, Mich.
• Engedi Church, Volunteer Writer/Editor, 2010–present, Holland, Mich.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Group Tour Media, Web Editor, 2010; Writer, 2007–2010, Holland, Mich.
• Release! The Healing Power of Forgiveness, Web Content Manager (freelance contract), 2010–2011, Philadelphia, Pa.
• Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Ghost Writer/Editor (freelance contract), Philadelphia, 2009–2010. Philadelphia, Pa.
• Avalon Travel Publishing, Author (freelance contract), 2007–2008, Berkeley, Calif.
• Go World Publishing & Productions, Staff Writer, 2006–2007, Golden, Colo.
• “When the Transgender Issue Comes Home,” The Gospel Coalition, July 2014
• “The Holy Longing of Happily Ever After,” Story Warren, September 2013, and The Rabbit Room, November 2013
• “Why is Not What,” MarriageGeneration.com, September 2013
• “Men Without Friends: Eros is Killing Phileo,” MarriageGeneration.com, June 2013
• “The Meaning of Becca,” MarriageGeneration.com, April 2013
• “Jack the Giant-Hugger,” Story Warren, February 2013
• “Digesting Grace: Why the Food We Eat Matters to God,” ChristianityToday.com, August 2012
• The Forgiveness Project (ghost writer/editor), Kregel Publications, December 2010
• Moon Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, Avalon Travel, March 2009
• Group Tour Magazine and Student Group Tour magazine, 1,000+ articles
• GoWorldTravel.com and goColorado.com, 24 articles
• Wellness Living Magazine, 18 articles
Proficient in Macintosh and PC platforms: Microsoft Office Tools – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook; Mac iWork Suite – Pages, Numbers, Keynote; Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr. Familiar with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop. Familiar with Joomla and Drupal.
Metropolitan State College of Denver (2006), Bachelor of Arts in English with a minor in journalism.
Founding board member, West Michigan Christian Classical Academies Foundation (2012–2014)
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Download a printable copy here. Contact Josh for additional information, interviews, or freelance requests.